Wednesday, June 13, 2012

On Grammar

So, here is a tasty treat from Korea, 팟빙수 (pat-bing-su). It is shaved ice mixed with sweet red beans, almonds and rice cake. It is delicious and refreshing on a hot day.




However, what is not refreshing is what is written on the wall.




  Now, I will be the first one to say I make plenty of mistakes in Korean and my writing in English can be terrible (especially, if I don't double check it, which is quite common when I write blog posts).  However, I don't paint my bad Korean on my restaurant's wall.  And, this isn't a mom and pop store...it is a chain.

I guess I should look at this as job security.  But, somehow it just gives me a headache.

2 comments:

Wilson Clan said...

Job security is priority #1; just take aspirin for the headache.

What has prompted your return to blogging? Not complaining, but just curious.

Matt W said...

My brain is becoming dull. I am trying to sharpen it again by being creative.